Terms of Service:
In a nutshell the following are your rights and our rights. Read on for a more in-depth understanding of the terms of service.
Your Rights: All of your photos belong to you. By submitting them to this site you are giving us permission to use them on this site only, in presentations of the Glendale branding project or in the fancy hardbound coffee table book (makes a great holiday gift!). And we want to make sure you get all the credit you deserve for your submission . . . so make sure to fill in all the credit questions when you upload your masterpiece.
Now, there is a chance that down the road Glendale might want to use your fab photo in an advertisement or billboard for your community. Maybe a print ad or a billboard. Cool, huh! If your pictures are selected for use in either situation, we will email you first to discuss more specific terms.
Our Rights: When you upload your photo(s) you are giving us the right to use them in the following ways (without compensation):
- Include it/them in the electronic Glendale Look Book
- Include it/them in Power Point presentations for the branding process
- Include it/them in a fancy, must-have, hardbound coffee table book
- In all three cases you will be given full credit. When you upload your photo it is like stating that the photo was taken by you. Submitting a picture you didn’t take could get you into some legal hot water, more commonly known as copyright infringement. Scroll to the bottom for lots of super official copyright information. But the premise is really easy. Didn’t take it? Don’t submit it.
Creating your Look Book account bounds you to the terms below. If you violate any of the terms we will close your Glendale Look Book account and remove your pictures.
- Don’t use the Glendale Look Book website for anything illegal. You agree to abide by all laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Don't abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Glendale Look Book members.
- You are responsible for any activity or postings that occur under your email address and password.
- Don’t modify, adapt or hack the Glendale Look Book website (put your talents to better use!).
- Don’t submit unwanted email to any Glendale Look Book website members.
Meanwhile, we won’t violate any of these terms:
- We will not give out your personal information to anyone, ever.
- Your correct email address is required when you register. Your email address may be used to send you communication about your submission, but will not be used for any third-party promotional material. Your email address is never made public on our website.
- Your first and last name is required when you register. This is so we can correctly attribute the photos you submit.
- We store a unique cookie given to us by your browser. This cookie does not pass any confidential information to us. We use this cookies system to keep you logged in across all pages. The cookie also lets us know how you'd like the site to be viewed (e.g. thumbnail sizes, etc.). If your browser rejects cookies, you will not be able to login or store site preferences.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Glendale Look Book service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your account.
- You can delete your entire account at any time by contacting us; however, please note that your information will be gone for good. But no one wants that.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate your Glendale Look Book account for any reason, without notice, at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Service, we will notify you. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgment.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
By submitting to the Glendale Look Book ("we" or "us") the attached photograph(s), text, or other materials (the "Materials"), you acknowledge that our Terms of Service apply to your submission and our use of the Materials.
You also hereby grant to us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right to display, edit, adapt and/or use the Materials on the Glendale Look Book site, in presentations for the purposes of promoting the new Glendale brand or in a hardbound coffee table book. In addition, you grant to us the royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right to use your name, likeness, and biographical information in above-named mediums in connection with the use of the Materials.
You represent that you are at least 13 years old or older, that you have the right to grant us all the rights granted herein and that the Materials are your original work and are not owned by any other person or entity. You also represent that the Materials, the creation of the Materials, and the use of the Materials do not violate any law or regulation and do not infringe the rights of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any copyright or trademark rights and/or rights of privacy or publicity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Glendale Look Book, the city of Glendale, Glendale officials, North Star Destination Strategies or any affiliated entity for any loss, claim, damage or expense arising from the use of the Materials or your breach of this Agreement, including the above representations.
You understand and agree that you will not have any right of approval over the use of the Materials pursuant to this Agreement and you will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of the Materials or the rights granted pursuant to this agreement. You also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates us to use the Materials. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement with respect to the subject matter of the agreement and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law.